LEOs Leadership Education (LEOsLEAD)
The Institute for Credible Leadership Development
Law Enforcement Officers Leadership Education (LEOsLEAD) or “the Developing Leader” is a Comprehensive, Career-Long Leadership Education and Developmental course of the National Command and Staff College for Law Enforcement Officers. Participants complete an in-depth journey by addressing relevant topics and proven theories offered by the Institute for Credible Leadership Development (ICLD) division of the college.
The ICLD enables Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs) to learn, practice and master concepts and skills designed to promote organizational excellence and positive community outcomes as they become Magnanimous Officers or “MAGNUS”.
A majority of law enforcement professionals attending the ICLD program report the following positive outcomes:
- Increased officer safety.
- Increased organizational thought.
- Reduction in stress.
- Reduction in citizen complaints.
- Increased capacity in character building behaviors.
- Increased accountability and responsibility.
- Increased personnel engagement and job satisfaction.
- Improved personal self-awareness and decision-making.
- Improved integrity of personal and professional conduct.
- Enhanced personnel civic mindedness and involvement in the community.
- Increased cross-cultural awareness, understanding and tolerance.
- Increased ability to develop partnerships with community representatives.
LE ICLD Faculty & Testimonials
- Dr. Terry Anderson, CLO, International Academy of Public Safety
- Major Mike Adams (Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department, NC)
- Chief Deputy Ben Bailey (Retired Union County Sheriff’s Office, NC)
- Chief Gary Benthin (Retired Eden Police Department, NC)
- Chief Deputy Gary Blankenship (Retired Chatham County Sheriff’s Office, NC)
- Lt. Darius Bone (Los Angeles Police Department)
- Chief Percy Crutchfield (Pittsboro Police Department, NC)
- Sheriff Van Duncan (Buncombe County, NC)
- Lieutenant Brian Ellis (Field Operations, Sacramento Police Department)
- Commander Sid Heal (Retired US Marines and President of CATO)
- Retired Lt. Chris Hoina, FBI NA Session 222
- MSG. Paul Howe (Retired US Army DELTA Special Forces)
- Captain Tracy Kelly (Chatham County Sheriff’s Office, NC)
- Lt. Colonel Dennis Levin (Retired US Army; retired Minister)
- Dr. Larry Long (retired Professor and Executive Director of the School of Communications at Illinois State University
- Sheriff Ray Nash (Retired Dorchester County, SC and current President Police Dynamics)
- Sheriff Newell Normand, Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office, LA.
- Dr. Anthony Normore (Professor of Educational Leadership, Graduate Education Division; Chair, Special Education; Co- Chair, Teacher Education Division at the College of Education, California State University Dominguez Hills)
- Chief of Police David Perry (Florida State University and immediate past president of IACLEA)
- Sheriff and NC Sheriffs’ Association President Hubert Peterkin (Hoke County, NC)
- Chief Deputy Michael Roberson (Chatham County Sheriff’s Office, NC)
- Colonel Ted Spain (Retired US Army – Commander of the 18th Military Police Brigade in Iraq)
- Lieutenant Colonel R’ami J. Spain (Retired US Army)
- Commander Russ Reithmeyer (Special Agent at Amtrak, Lancaster, CA)
- Lieutenant Colonel Wellington Scott (Retired North Carolina State Highway Patrol and current COO Institute for Credible Leadership Development)
- Lorraine Snyder (Instructor NC Justice Academy)
- Battalion Chief Matt Tobia (Loudoun County, VA)
- Dr. Tim Turner (retired FBI SSA, FBINA instructor and Adjunct Professor at UVA)
- Dr. Neal Trautman (Director of the Congressional National Institute of Ethics)
- Director Charles Walston (NCDPS Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice)
- Colonel Randy Watt (Utah Army National Guard and President of SRW, Inc.)